Following the release of new versions of Ubuntu 19.10 flavors, tap this time the turn of Ubuntu Mate 19.10, Ya que Martin Wimpress advertisement Few days ago releasing the new version of Ubuntu MATE 19.10.
Version that in the words of the founder of the project, comes with new features and above all that comes to correct errors or a bad user experience, in addition to mentioning that this new version of the distribution arrives to finally solve those problems.
Main news of Ubuntu Mate 19.10
Of the main changes, we can find that the desktop environment arrives with its new version MATE 1.22.2In which It has been carried Cable a major modernization of the taskbar code to adapt it to work under the back-end control based on the Wayland protocol.
Besides that for the window manager Marco, support is added for the third version of metacity-themes. The appearance of window switches and virtual desktops has taken on a more modern look, and support for HiDPI rendering is improved
Besides that many components are ported to Python 3, including the python-box and mate-menus libraries, as well as the Eye of MATE image viewer.
For the file manager Box a capacity is provided that is optional to show notifications system son the completion of operations on large files.
Another of the changes that stand out in this new version of Ubuntu Mate is work on keyboard shortcuts, with which you can perform various actions on the application windows:
- Maximize window: Super + Up
- Restore window: Super + Down
- Right window: Super + Right
- Left window: Super + Left
- Window to center: Alt + Super + c
- Window to the upper right corner: Alt + Super + Right
- Window to the upper left corner: Alt + Super + Left
- Window to the lower right corner: Shift + Alt + Super + Right
- Window to the lower left corner: Shift + Alt + Super + Left
- External display cycle: Super + p
- Lock screen: Super + L
- Screenshot: Shift + PrintScr
- Open File Manager: Super + e
- Terminal: Super + t
- Control center: Super + i
- Search: Super + s
- Task manager: Control + Shift + Escape
- Information about: Super + Pause
Also also in this new version of Ubuntu Mate 19.10 highlights the transfer of the Brisk Menu projects and the MATE Dock Applet, that now will be handed over to the Ubuntu Mate developers.
Brisk Menu is under the Solus GitHub organization, but it's been a couple of years since it had a new release. The Solus Project gave me administrative access to the Brisk Menu repository ...
The former MATE Dock Applet manager announced that he no longer had the time to develop the project. Ubuntu MATE took over ownership and we've already released a couple of new versions.
As for the system packages, there will be updates to the browser Firefox 69, LibreOffice 6.3, Evolution 3.34, among others. From the other changes that stand out from the ad, are that:
- Added a new indicator to show notifications that supports the "Do not disturb" feature.
- Instead of Thunderbird, the Evolution email client is used by default
- Instead of VLC, celluloid (formerly GNOME MPV) is used.
- The Linux kernel was updated to version 5.3
- The installation image includes NVIDIA drivers
- Added ZFS experimental install option
- Ubuntu MATE Guide Update
- Ubiquity Presentation updated
- Fixed render window controls on HiDPI screens
- Fixed irregular icon sizes in MATE Control Center and did render fine on HiDPI displays
- Fixed Box extensions not loading.
- It got kill-power-manager fixed so it uses upower-glib get_devices2
- Qt4 and the Brasero CD / DVD writer have been removed from the base package.
Si they want to know more about the details of this new version of the distribution as well as being able to obtain the system image, They can do it In the following link.