After a while without changing the distro on my computer due to the quality tests that we are carrying out on various open source tools, I have come across one of those distro that you like to install because you simply don't have to do much to make it It is perfectly installed and configured according to your needs.
Anarchy Linux was known as Arch Anywhere but due to rights problems with Arch they have had to change their name, the distro is really light and has a fairly advanced installer that gives us the ability to install a variety of applications easily and quickly.
It is worth mentioning that Anarchy Linux is based on Arch Linux but does not support the parent version, is distributed for 32-bit and 64-bit architecture, having a live cd version that allows us install desktop and server version of the distro in its stable and LTS variants.
An advanced review of this distro can be found in the following video:
Anarchy Linux Features
Anarchy Linux has as purpose revolutionize the world by bringing a stable and fast distro with the power of Arch Linux, it has been conceived so that it can be used by beginners, researchers and experts with quite low requirements for any computer. Among the most notable features of this distro we can mention:
- Based on Arch Linux
- Powerful installer that allows you to configure the behavior of your distro from the start, with the possibility of choosing the repository server, the kernel you want to install, the base programs, the location, the desktop environment, the users and also allows proper control of partitions.
- The desktop and server versions of Anarchy Linux can be installed.
- Possibility of installing various default desktop environments (Budgie, Cinnamon, Gnome, Openbox and xfce4).
- Own repository with applications maintained by the distro development team.
- We can choose to install a variety of applications distributed in the following categories: Audio, Database, Games, Graphics, Internet, Multimedia, Office, Programming, Terminal, Text Editors and Servers.
- Possibility of automatically installing LAMP, LEMP, apache, nginx, bind, openssh servers among others.
- You can configure ssh, ftp and apache access from the installation.
- Light finishes, with a pleasant combination of colors and a fairly neat and practical application menu.
- It features a variety of base distro bug fixes, updates, security patches, and additional repositories.
- Support for multiple drives and devices.
A more detailed list of the app's features can be found here. We can also view a gallery of the installation steps below:
Conclusions about Anarchy Linux
This powerful distro is quite light, I particularly like it because I am quite a follower of the Arch philosophy and its distro, it has support for various architectures and hardware, plus it can be installed with a variety of desktop environments.
Its installer has many applications that in my case have allowed me to have a fully functional distro after installing, since I was able from the beginning to mount my LAMP server, my ssh access and complement them with a series of applications that I regularly use.
I have not had the need to install anything more than what the installer offered me, which I consider a very important point, at the moment I have not had any failure and its performance is very fluid, so if you are a lover of Arch this It must be a must-try distro.