The version 1.2 with the following changes:
- Numerous bug fixes.
- All conflicts with GNOME they were corrected.
- All configuration files were moved to ~ / .config / mate.
- Undo / redo option was added in Box(Nautilus fork).
- Libmate's for the mate-open command is now faster when opening applications.
- The configuration daemon MATE now supports the backend of GStreamer y PulseAudio.
- New applications: Waiter(fork of Alacarte), python-box, box-gksu, box-image-converter.
- Artwork: Themes of MATE were renamed to avoid conflicts with the themes of GNOME. Added a new wallpaper and MATE now has its own icon.
En Debian we can install MATE if we use the repository of LMDE 😀