Today we will talk about a modern game of great quality, which combines the best of the new and the old, and is named "Fury Unleashed". In addition, it is natively available for GNU / Linux.
"Fury Unleashed" es a roguelita action platformer based on combos. And it has been created by combining the inspiration of modern roguelite platformers with old school platformer shooter games.
In addition, for those who love Challenge or Old School Games, we will immediately drop our last related post where there are also more links to other related posts:
"Eduke32 is uAn impressive free home game engine and an adaptation of the classic first person shooter game for PC called Duke Nukem 3D (Duke3D), available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, various portable devices, among many others. Furthermore, it is completely free to use open source software for all non-commercial purposes." EDuke32: How to install and play Duke Nukem 3D on GNU / Linux?
Table of Contents
Fury Unleashed: Roguelita Action Platform Game
What is the Fury Unleashed Game?
"Fury Unleashed is a combo-based rogue action platformer: every kill you get increases your combo. Reach certain thresholds and your damage resistance and healing powers will kick in. It's a game that you can even beat in an ultimate combo. Are you up to the task?
Additionally, Fury Unleashed has been created by combining inspiration from modern roguelite platformers like Dead Cells and Rogue Legacy with nostalgic memories of old school platformer shooters like Contra and Metal Slug."
Among the many remarkable features of this cross-platform game, apart from the fact that it can be played natively on GNU / Linux, are the following:
- Beautiful ever-changing comic-style visual scenery: Which allows presentation to recreate the pages of a living comic where ink is the most valuable resource and each room looks like a comic panel.
- Excellent combo system that impacts gameplay: That makes it easy to kill enemies quickly enough, unleashing all the character's fury possible and destroying everything that gets in their way without taking damage.
- Simple customization options: Which make it possible to easily choose between a challenging Hard mode, which puts the player's skills to the test, and an easy mode, in which the game's difficulty parameters can be adjusted to your liking.
- Roguelite style with soft permadeath: Which offers worlds created by a mix of hand-designed levels and procedural generation algorithms.
- Unique scenarios: Which allow you to play through the beautiful comic page-type settings created, where each one comes with their own enemies, and all under a great musical environment.
- Various game modes: Which allow you to play alone or with a friend in a local cooperative session.
"Fury Unleashed" is not free, neither free nor open, but it is available to be played natively about GNU / Linux or by Steam, that's why it deserves to be known.
However, for our practical case and to be able to enjoy a free and demonstrative part of it, we will download your installer / executable, from «Download section in gameJolt».
And then we press on the Linux icon (Penguin) to access the compressed file in .zip format available.
Installation and use
Once your compressed source file (
«fury-unleashed-prologue-linux.zip»)All that remains is to unzip it and run it via console or graphically, through its executable file called:
If GNU / Linux Operating System used is perfectly optimized for said game and others, it will start without problems, just like, on my usual Respin Linux called Miracles GNU / Linux, which is based on MX Linux 19 (Debian 10), and that has been built following our «Guide to Snapshot MX Linux».
And for more screenshots and videos about the game you can explore its Official website.
We hope this "useful little post" about
«Fury Unleashed», which is a roguelita action platformer based on combos and what can be played natively on GNU / Linux; is of great interest and utility, for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the diffusion of the wonderful, gigantic and growing ecosystem of applications of
For now, if you liked this
publicación, Do not stop share it with others, on your favorite websites, channels, groups or communities of social networks or messaging systems, preferably free, open and / or more secure as Telegram, Signal, Mastodon or another of Fediverse, preferably.
And remember to visit our home page at «FromLinux» to explore more news, as well as join our official channel of Telegram from DesdeLinux. While, for more information, you can visit any Online library as OpenLibra y JedIT, to access and read digital books (PDFs) on this topic or others.