Continuing our series of 3 items the "GNOME Community Apps", today we publish the second «(GNOMEApps2) » Of the same. In order to do so, continue with the exploration of the wide and growing catalog of free and open applications developed by the "GNOME Community", on its new website Applications for GNOME.
In such a way, to promote knowledge about them to all users in general of GNU / Linux, especially those who may not be using "GNOME» as «Desktop Environment» main or sole.
For those interested in exploring our previous and first publication related to the topic and others more similar, you can click on the following links after finishing reading this publication:
Table of Contents
GNOMEApps2: Circle Applications
Circle Apps - Applications that extend the GNOME ecosystem
In this area of Circle applications "GNOME Community" has officially developed 33 applications of which we will briefly mention and comment on the first 10, and we will only mention the remaining 23:
- Apostrophe: An elegant and distraction-free Markdown editor that makes it easy to focus on tasks performed on it. Thanks to its user interface adapted to the comfort of writing, a mode without distractions and dark, light and sepia themes.
- Authenticator: A Two Factor Authentication Code Generator. In addition, it has support for time-based, counter-based or Steam methods, and support for SHA-1 / SHA-256 / SHA-512 algorithms.
- Blanket: Software utility that allows you to listen to different sounds on the desktop. To get users to improve their focus and increase their productivity by listening to different sounds.
- Backup Pika: Application that allows you to easily execute simple backups based on borg. Among other things, it offers: The ability to configure new backup repositories or use existing ones and create local and remote backups.
- Déjà Dup backups: Software utility that makes it easy to keep important documents safe from any danger. It is based on Déjà Dup, which allows you to hide the complexity of the successful backup process.
- Cozy: It is a modern audiobook player that among many things offers: Importing audiobooks and exploring them comfortably, and listening to DRM-free audiobooks in mp3, m4a, flac, ogg, wav and many more.
- Curtail: Software utility that makes it easy to compress image files. Among many things it offers: A support for lossy and lossless compression, and the option to save or not the metadata of the images.
- decoder: It is an application that allows you to scan and generate QR codes, through an elegant but simple user interface. Among other things, it offers: The generation of QR codes, scanning using a camera device, and captures (images).
- Secure password deposit: It is a password manager that allows you to manage passwords safely, quickly and easily. In addition, it makes use of the KeePass v.4 format.
- Font Downloader: Software utility that allows you to install fonts from the Google Fonts website. Avoiding having to go through the entire process of searching, downloading and installing them.
Other existing apps
Other apps developed in this field of Core Applications by the "GNOME Community" are:
- dialect: Translation application between languages.
- Drawing: Drawing application for the GNOME desktop.
- Fragments: A BitTorrent client.
- Gaphor: Simple UML and SysML modeling tool.
- Hashbrown: Application to check the hashes of the files.
- Health: Health tracking application for the GNOME desktop.
- Identity: Tool to compare images and videos.
- Khronos: Utility to record the time of the created tasks.
- Kooha: Screen recording utility.
- Metadata Cleaner: Application to view and clean the metadata of the files.
- Markets: A tracker for stocks, currencies and cryptocurrencies.
- NewsFlash: Tool to follow favorite blogs and news sites.
- Obfuscator: Censor of private information.
- plots: Application for drawing simple graphics.
- Podcasts: Podcast application for GNOME.
- Polar: IRC client for GNOME.
- Video trimmer: Utility for quickly trimming videos.
- Shortwave: Application to listen to Internet radio.
- Solanum: Tool that facilitates the balance between work and rest time.
- Tangram: Tool that allows you to run web applications on the desktop.
- Tootle: Fast client for Mastodon.
- Webfont Kit Generator: Utility that allows you to easily create @ font-face kits.
- Wike: Wikipedia reader.
In short, we aspire that this second revision "(GnomeApps2)" of the existing official applications of the "GNOME Community", which addresses those in the field of Circle applications be interesting and serve to publicize and apply some of these apps about various GNU / Linux Distros. And so we contribute with the use and massification of such robust and fabulous software toolkit how beautiful and hardworking Linuxera Community offers us all.
We hope that this publication will be very useful for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the improvement, growth and diffusion of the ecosystem of applications available for
«GNU/Linux». And do not stop sharing it with others, on your favorite websites, channels, groups or communities of social networks or messaging systems. Finally, visit our home page at «FromLinux» to explore more news, and join our official channel Telegram from DesdeLinux.