As the title of this says, our current post, as of today one month left for the start of the new day of GSoC (Google Summer of Code).
Therefore, it will be the January 29 2021, when this program or Google project will start with the registration phase of the open source organizations who wish to participate as mentor organizations in this program year 2021 .
Since, it is not the first time that we talked about him GSoC (Google Summer of Code)Those who wish to delve a little more about this event can read our previous related publication, however, quoting it we will say the following about said event:
"The Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is an event that takes place during the summer of the northern hemisphere, (May - ~ August), in which selected participants work full time (40 hours per week) remotely, with a specific organization. The organization selection process begins in January, and the resolution of the selected organizations usually appears in mid-February.
When an organization is selected, it has a list of projects for which Google offers to pay the student to complete within three months. It is a process in which you have the help of a mentor, and weekly follow-up meetings are held to be able to corroborate the progress and problems that may arise along the way."
Table of Contents
GSoC: Google Summer of Code
GSoC 2021 Schedule
This year the work schedule of the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) will be as follows:
- January 29 2021: Beginning of the registration application phase for open source organizations wishing to participate as a mentor organization in this year's program.
- February 19th 2021: End of the registration application phase of the organizations that wish to participate.
- March 09th 2021: Beginning of the contact phase between students (developers) interested in participating and the accepted mentor organizations to discuss project ideas to be developed.
- March 29th 2021: Beginning of the phase of formal submission of applications for development projects to mentor organizations. This phase has a deadline of April 13, 2021.
- April 13, 2021 to May 17, 2021: The selection phase is executed where organizations review and select student proposals.
- May 17th 2021: Date in which accepted students are officially paired with a mentor organization, in order to begin planning the projects and scheduled milestones.
- May 17, 2021 - June 07, 2021: The community outreach phase is executed, that is, the process by which accepted students spend a month learning more about the community of the mentor organization that has selected them.
- June 07, 2021 - August 16, 2021: The coding phase is executed, that is, the period in which students work on their Google Summer of Code projects, which have been agreed with their respective mentor organizations.
- From the 12 to the 16 of July of 2021: The results presentation phase is executed, that is, the period in which the mentor organizations and the selected students present their respective evaluations, one to another.
- From 16 to 23 August 2021: The initial evaluation phase is executed, that is, the period in which the selected students send their code, project summaries, and the final evaluations of their mentor organizations to the organizers of the GSoC Project.
- From 23 to 30 August 2021: The review phase is executed, that is, the period in which the mentor organizations review the code samples of the selected students and determine if they have successfully completed their assigned project under the Google Summer of Code 2021.
- August 31st, 2021: Date on which selected students are notified of the approval or rejection status of their projects carried out within the framework of the Google Summer of Code 2021.
For more information on the Google Summer of Code 2021 you can visit your Official website.
We hope this "useful little post" about him
«Google Summer of Code (GSoC)», which is about to start this month of January 2021, among other things, to continue supporting the many project developers of Free software worldwide; is of great interest and utility, for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the diffusion of the wonderful, gigantic and growing ecosystem of applications of
And for more information, always do not hesitate to visit any Online library and OpenLibra y jedit to read books (PDFs) on this topic or others knowledge areas. For now, if you liked this
«publicación», don't stop sharing it with others, in your Favorite websites, channels, groups, or communities of social networks, preferably free and open as Mastodon, or secure and private like Telegram.