All SinceLinux readers should be clear about what it means to be a 'hacker', since our friend ChrisADR did not explain them in enough detail in the article What does 'hacker' really mean, the commotion that this article has caused, added to the large number of visits that come to us in search of information regarding the Hacking and Cybersecurity, in combination with our hard experience in defending our own servers, has "obliged" to try by all means to specialize and learn more about this interesting area.
We must make it clear that "It is not our goal that hacking and pentesting knowledge be used against anyone", upside down, We want our users and the world in general to be able to gradually learn techniques and concepts that allow them to defend themselves against harmful attacks, or failing that they have the capacities to create security policies that help them nullify the chances of being attacked.
I am not an area specialist, but I have worked for a long time in areas where computer security is taken very seriously, I also had to manage security protocols for my clients, but above all at the programming level I have focused on create and apply techniques to make my applications more secure. With all this I mean that contrary to what people think, hacking techniques, no matter how simple or sophisticated they may be, can have a favorable impact on our day to day, allowing us to have more secure computers and programs, preventing many times from our privacy is violated, as well as guaranteeing the integrity of our data.
After all of the above, it shouldn't be a secret to any of us that we should learn properly about Hacking and CybersecurityI am doing it, it is a fun, strange path, but above all a path that denotes a lot of seriousness and an adequate guide so as not to end up performing techniques that are not the most recommended. I started with quite scattered readings, but managed to take a course that I consider appropriate with the Complete Ethical Hacking Course, this course has allowed me to have solid knowledge in the concepts, norms and standards that are handled day by day in these areas, in addition to guiding me to create my own lab with which I look for vulnerabilities and threats that I then try to patch with the techniques that I have been taught in the course.
As with previous courses, I have managed to get a coupon so that FromLinux users can acquire said course at a special price in the next 7 days, following this link podran permanently enjoy the course with a discount of
90% 75% . In the same way, I have decided to do a detailed review of the course so that we have an idea of what we are going to achieve and my personal impressions about its content, structure, learning method, among others.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Hacking and Cybersecurity.
Course Technical Information
This course is composed of 104 videos, which add up more than 16 hours of playback, with extensive documentation, all en español and directed to a public of all educational levels. that offers a certificate of completion, access to the course is from the Udemy Platform which you can access from any browser and also has Android and Ios apps.
This course is 100% theoretical - practical, with many reference guides, so throughout it you will learn techniques but also put what you have learned into practice, each section has a demonstration and the material that complements it.
About the instructor and the learning methodology
Eduardo Arriols Nuñez teaches us clearly and precisely about hacking and cybersecurity in his course Introduction to Hacking and Cybersecurity, with illustrated examples and with real demonstrations in controlled and uncontrolled environments, throughout the course it gives us quite useful tips, in addition the course in general has an extremely active community that share information that is validated by the teacher.
This course is divided into six units that are oriented as follows
- 1 Drive: This is a unit aimed clearly at giving a scope of the course, introducing some basic concepts and above all giving as many tips as possible that will allow you to get the most out of the course.
- 2 Drive: Through 6 videos of 10 minutes on average, a very interesting introduction about Ethical Hacking and Cybersecurity is given, where we will be taught basic notions of security and auditing, in addition to providing us with the necessary training to be able to analyze various types and vectors of attack, devices security and security methodologies.
- Unit 3: Unit three allows us to learn to create our own test laboratories, where the virtualization of attacking and vulnerable machines will be the epicenter of our interest, in addition Eduardo gives us a great analysis on the main distributions aimed at Ethical Hacking and warns us about those that they have some kind of vulnerability (designed to learn to compromise systems and services).
- 4 Drive: How to expect the distro that Eduardo recommends to learn and get the most out of Ethical Hacking is Kali Linux, so in unit four we are taught in depth the handling of the operating system, the main tools available in this distro are identified , we are given a good training on the use of the console and we are taught to develop bash scripts to automate tasks.
- 5 Drive: Unit five is oriented to anonymity on the internet, where we are clearly and precisely given an introduction and a series of basic notions related to the use of anonymization networks, in the same way, we are taught to install and use anonymity tools such as TOR, FreeNet, l2P, navigation proxies, VPN services and last but not least we are taught how to create our own anonymization platform.
- 6 Drive: The last of the units prepares us for a difficult and real world, where every day we face vulnerabilities and that without adequate defense mechanisms we would be destined to be affected, we will learn countermeasures against Social Engineering and adequate protocols to share information, equally In this way, we will be able to identify and exploit a large number of vulnerabilities with a series of techniques and tools that Eduardo will teach us to use. This unit is the largest of all and has 65 classes, where in a very detailed way you will learn the most complex areas related to Ethical Hacking.
The units present a wide variety of videos and documents that complement each of the learning, with tests that really demonstrate the acquired skills, without a doubt it is a good course to start in this great world of hacking and cybersecurity.
If you are an expert in hacking and cybersecurity, in this course you will get technical foundations that can revalidate your knowledge, you will also be able to verify techniques that you probably do not know and you will have the possibility of interacting with the more than 700 students who have signed up for this great experience.
One highlight is that the course is 'alive'. This implies that new videos will be uploaded every month, and therefore, the price of the course will be increased for new students. For all those students who have already acquired the course previously, they will have unlimited access to all the new content that is generated.
Finally, the introduction to the course can be seen in the introduction video that is on Udemy, I hope it will be useful to you and take advantage of the coupon so that they save money in case they wish to acquire it, since generally the price of the course is $ 120 and with the discount it will be
10,99 $ 29,99 $.
Related Course on Hacking and Cybersecurity
we are now doing a related course called Introduction to Hacking and Cybersecurity, it is made up of 56 videos, totaling more than 8 hours of playback, with more than 250 pages of detailed information, all in Spanish and aimed at an audience of all educational levels. It has 7 exams distributed by levels and offers a certificate of completion ... We had also obtained a coupon but we hoped to share it soon in another article, for the urgency and to help you in your training, here left the link of the coupon for this course to cost $ 10,99.