Here you have the translation of a tutorial to create Plasma themes in 8 steps:
- Copy and rename an existing Plasma file. The file name can be the same as the theme. The installed themes are in share / apps / desktoptheme / either in the directory .kde or the directory of your KDE installation. You can also search for Plasma themes at KDE-Look. Edit the file metadata.desktop in the theme directory to match the theme name. See Theme Storage If you need help.
- Open the SVG file associated with the Plasma element you would like to change in an SVG editor such as Inkscape or Karbon. See Current Theme Elements If you need help.
- Each SVG file can have multiple elements. Modify existing elements or create replacement ones. Elements can be SVG primitive or group object. Note: You can include bitmap images as SVG elements if you prefer bitmap editors like GIMP or Krita. Remember to integrate each image (inkscape: effects-> images-> integrate all images).
- To change the name of the elements of the theme more easily it is possible to use an Inkscape extension located at this direction
- Make sure the item ID for each new item is set correctly. Note: In Inkscape you can make sure that the ID of the for element for each object is correct by right clicking on the object and choosing Object Properties.
- Add or remove any item you want. It doesn't matter how it looks, only those objects with the element ID's adapting the best suggestion elements exist or not. See Backgrounds for a description of available suggestion items.
- Save the SVG.
- Repeat steps 3 - 6 for another topic.
I don't know if I have translated it correctly, let me know anything