My day-to-day specialty is to contribute to companies open source solutions to automate your processes, my fundamental objective is that companies have the possibility of having a software that adapts to your business model and not a business model that adapts to a software. This work is not always easy and involves an analysis of many tools, evaluating their quality, the functionalities they offer, their usability and scalability, the community that supports it, their future objectives, the technology they use among other characteristics and qualities to consider.
One of the automation needs of companies and above all the SMEs is the billing and accounting area, processes that are fundamental, that attract many bottlenecks and that above all generate a large amount of documentation, calculations and application of standards. From the constant evaluation of accounting and billing programs, it was that I met InvoiceScripts, a tool made in Spain and that meets all the necessary criteria to take it into account.
Table of Contents
What is FacturaScripts?
InvoiceScripts is a Enterprise Resource Planner (ERP), which has a customer relationship manager (CRM), which is developed in PHP with the possibility of connecting to databases such as MariaDB, Mysql or PostgreSQL and which is released under the license GNU / AGPL (GNU Affero General Public License) which makes it a free tool as well as being open source.
InvoiceScripts It is intended to be a tool that can be adapted and implemented quickly, offering SMEs and large companies a robust and efficient tool to automate their billing and accounting processes.
Being an integrated tool, InvoiceScripts It allows us to save a lot of time and avoid errors and duplicate work, since all processes are included in a single database and tool. It is simple, if we generate a sales invoice, the corresponding accounting entry is automatically made, that is, the manual invoicing processes are eliminated and then in another system (or manually) keep the accounting, this is a small example but InvoiceScripts it certainly automates many tedious and common processes.
There are many characteristics that make InvoiceScripts more than just accounting program, I particularly like its possibility to extend the functionalities thanks to its novel system of plugins. In the same way, we can highlight the following characteristics.
- Easy to use: The learning line of InvoiceScripts It is very narrow, its usability and the simplicity of its interface make it easy for users to adapt to the tool, in addition, it has simple forms which contain only essential options which saves time when learning to use it.
- It is accessible: We can access InvoiceScripts From anywhere with access to the server where it is hosted, it is fully responsive which allows us to view it correctly from our computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Constant Updates: It has a large community and a full-time technical team that is responsible for creating, correcting, adapting and improving this tool every day. User Feedback is essential, so the new features almost always improve or add qualities that other billing tools do not have.
- Integrations with third parties: There are currently integration of FacturaScripts with PrestaShop, WooCommerce, UberCart among others, in the same way, being open source and with connectors, we can integrate it to any of our tools.
- More than 60 plugins to increase its functionalities.
How to test FacturaScripts
We can easily test this tool by accessing the Public Demo, we entered our email address and began to enjoy a test environment with enough data and all the functionalities activated.
How to install FacturaScripts
FacturaScripts is basically a web application, like a blog, and to install it you need a web server. You can install it on your own computer, or you can install it in the cloud (hosting) and always have it available online from anywhere in the world. To install it in Gnu / Linux you must follow the following steps
- Download the latest version of invoiceScripts
- Unzip on your server.
- Open your browser and go to your URL to follow the steps of the installer.
- A user is automatically created admin with password admin.
Similarly, the team of InvoiceScripts has prepared a video tutorial about it.
Invoice Documentation Scripts
One of the strengths of this tool is that it has abundant documentation about FacturaScripts, manuals for both users and developers, youtube channel and a forum where we can leave our doubts and concerns.
Undoubtedly, it is a wide tool, growing, with freedom of code, intuitive, with many functionalities and with a very wide community, that I have no doubt we should try and even put to work in our companies and ventures