I used Kopete for a while, it's a mainstream IM client, it has multi-account support, and to be honest, not bad at all.
The point is that it did not capture me at all, it did not attract me enough, this added to the fact that for other needs it was not completely functional, I decided to try Pidgin.
With Pidgin everything great, I have no complaints haha, only that it is GTK but hey, you can't have everything in this life LOL !!!
However, there is another option for us users of KDE 😉
I leave some images of what I am talking about ... what you will see, it is quite interesting 😀
Now, let's move on to installing it.
1. Open a terminal, in it write the following and press [Enter]:
sudo pacman -S telepathy-gabble telepathy-haze telepathy-kde-accounts-kcm telepathy-kde-approver telepathy-kde-auth-handler telepathy-kde-contact-applet telepathy-kde-contact-list telepathy-kde-filetransfer-handler telepathy-kde-integration-module telepathy-kde-presence-applet telepathy-kde-presence-dataengine telepathy-kde-send-file telepathy-kde-text-ui telepathy-mission-control telepathy-qt4 telepathy-salut
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:telepathy-kde/ppa && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install telepathy-kde
2. Ready, they already have it installed 😀
Now, let's configure it 🙂
2. The «Control center»From our accounts, which is actually quite a simple panel, let's click on the«Add»And this will be enough ... we will be asked for the data of our account that we choose (Facebook, Jabber, GTalk or MSN), and ready to connect 😀
And we will have our accounts configured ... now, Whats Next?
We will put an icon in our tray (system tray) through which we will establish our status (available, busy, etc.), and also many more things.
1. Let's right click on a panel, select the option «Add graphic elements»And we will see something like a larger panel, in the filter bar of it we write« tele », that is:
2. Let's do Double click in "Instant messaging presence«.
3. Ready, let's click on the green circular button that appeared, we will see multiple options:
Using the option «Contact ...»We can see our list of contacts, and through the option«Account Manager»We will go to the panel where we add / remove / configure our accounts.
Also if they want me to be in the same tray (system tray), you can right click on it, and in the preferences mark the option of "Presence of instant messaging", I leave the example photos:
Ready nothing more.
I know that the green ball is not the cutest thing by any means, I'll find out how to change it and I'll leave a tutorial.