Huawei Mate 30 could arrive without Google applications

Faced with the trade war between China and the United States, various problems have arisen that have given to talk about and especially in the case of technology and more specifically with the Huawei case, where the company was put on "a blacklist" where it was literally a commercial veto and that leaves Huawei in a very bad position.

Since then there were many scandals and controversies about what would happen to Huawei and especially many users panicked and some even decided to get rid of their equipment, even though in the end Huawei had a 90-day permit to continue with their work this period has expired a few days ago (on August 19) even that another extraordinary period was granted to the company.

The purpose of this decision is to allow the telecommunications equipment manufacturer support existing customers in the sector of smartphones and cellular infrastructure to minimize the disruption associated with the ban. However This exemption does not apply to the new Huawei Mate 30.

Related article:
Google has broken relationship with Huawei and will restrict access to its services and app store

That being said, it has now been released that a Google spokesperson confirmed that the new Huawei Mate 30 cannot be sold with Google applications and services licensed due to the ban on sales to Huawei in the United States, despite the fact that it still has more time to give in to the lawsuits and not be on the black list or continue with a firm hand and abide by the sanctions.

Designed to work on the new 30G mobile networks, the Mate 5 is Huawei's first flagship smartphone since the administration of US President Donald Trump blacklisted it in mid-May on the grounds that it is involved. in activities that undermine the national security of the United States, a charge that society denies.

According to a source familiar with the subject, Huawei will present its new range of Mate 30 phones on September 18 in Munich.

Google could ask permission to offer its applications to Huawei, but it is not known yet if this applies.

Huawei said in a statement:

"Huawei will continue to use the Android operating system and ecosystem if the US government allows us to." Otherwise, we will continue to develop our own operating system and ecosystem. «

The company has launched a website called "Huawei Answers" to respond to consumer concerns about the company's relationship with Android.

The following can be read on this site:

“All Huawei smartphones, tablets and computers will continue to receive security patches, Android updates and technical support.

Anyone who has already bought or is about to buy a Huawei smartphone can continue to access the world of applications as they always have.

All devices continue to be covered by our manufacturer's warranty and will receive full technical support accordingly.

Huawei, which is just weeks away from the first major smartphone launch since the US restrictions were applied last May, is also reliant on other equipment for the new phone. "

It is important to emphasize that Mate 30 will arrive equipped with the Kirin 990 which is the processor developed by Huawei's chip unit given that ARM has a sale ban to Huawei due to the US restriction.

Analysts say that launching without Google apps in Europe will be a blow. Well, consumers expect to have access to all the major apps they are used to, including Maps and YouTube. Without them, Huawei's phones will look much less attractive.

And not accessing the Play Store means that Huawei will have to provide customers with another way to access other popular applications such as Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp.

Finally It is still not clear if what the Google spokesperson said is definitive or if otherwise they managed to reach an agreement and in the end the Mate 30 arrives with Google applications.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/


The content of the article adheres to our principles of editorial ethics. To report an error click here!.

6 comments, leave yours

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

*

*

  1. Responsible for the data: Miguel Ángel Gatón
  2. Purpose of the data: Control SPAM, comment management.
  3. Legitimation: Your consent
  4. Communication of the data: The data will not be communicated to third parties except by legal obligation.
  5. Data storage: Database hosted by Occentus Networks (EU)
  6. Rights: At any time you can limit, recover and delete your information.

  1.   Abd hessuk said

    Perfect, finally a mobile without all the Google shit. Hopefully they take it out.

  2.   Autopilot said

    Abd Hessuk, is what I was going to say but the panic comes from the compatibility with third-party apps; previous systems drowned out before they were marketed for this very reason.

  3.   Abd hessuk said

    Autopilot, I'm a bit "junkie" that there are apps that need Google Play services to work, which I have checked many times when I have not put gApps on a device. It still seems like an unnecessary hyperdependence. And because of this ecosystem dependent on google, no other option can prosper if it does not submit to gApps

    1.    Autopilot said

      It is not because of dependence on the G but because of the availability of some apps already established in a new system, such as WhatsApp. For a new system to survive at least it has to be compatible with current apps.

  4.   Abd hessuk said

    What you say is that it must have a Play store, right? It still seems sad to me that there is only one repo for the entire android ecosystem that also asks you to identify yourself via email, when there should be much more. Many ROMs lately include Aurora store or Yalp Store

    1.    Autopilot said

      No Abd, I am not saying that the Store is necessary but that Harmony is compatible with WhatsApp, for example, otherwise: bad business.