React native for its part, it is a framework that allows create native applications for the web, iphone and android using React, which has integrations with frameworks such as Angular, Ember, Backbone among others.
Developers using React.js and React Native are able to create dynamic Interfaces, with high performance, a clean and innovative design, complemented by advanced data management. Reactotron for its part, it is an application that allows us to inspect the applications we make with these technologies from Linux, helping to debug, test and validate their functionalities.
What is Reactotron?
It is an open source application, developed by the studio Infinite Red, which allows us to inspect applications developed with React JS and React Native, the tool is cross-platform (Linux, Windows and MacOS) and has an excellent community that brings new improvements every day.
Reactotron is integrated into the applications as a development dependency, which transforms into a 0 impact at compilation time, once integrated we can debug our application with an excellent Timeline of Events that is equipped with multiple functionalities.
Among the many features of Reactotron we can highlight:
- Easy integration with applications developed with React.js and React Native.
- It does not add anything to the compilation process of the applications.
- View the status of any application.
- Shows API requests and responses.
- You can perform performance tests quickly
- You can analyze the status of components or parts of an application.
- Displays messages similar to
- It has advanced functionalities to track global errors.
- Hot change the state of your application, using Redux or mobx-state-tree
- Allow to show image overlay in React Native
- Allows you to trace Asynchronous storage in React Native.
- Advanced Event Timeline, which allows you to track events as they occur.
- You can subscribe to the issues of some components and see their updated status while using the application, undoubtedly an excellent functionality to test the impact of a bug or the traceability of the same.
- It has a simple and quick installation guide that can be found here, which allows us to start using Reactotron in a matter of minutes.