The Plasma Mobile Development Team recently announced the release of the new version of KDE Plasma Mobile 21.07 which is the new a monthly update and mainly includes bug fixes.
For those who are unfamiliar with KDE Plasma Mobile, you should know that this is a platform based on the mobile edition of the Plasma 5 desktop, the KDE Frameworks 5 libraries, the Ofono phone stack, and the Telepathy communication framework.
About KDE Plasma Mobile
The structure includes applications like KDE Connect to pair the phone with a desktop system, document viewer Okular, VVave music player, Koko and Pix image viewer, Buho system reference notes, Calindori calendar planner, Index file manager, Discover application manager, SpaceBar SMS sending program, among other apps from the Plasma Mobile project.
To create the application interface, Qt, a set of Mauikit components and the Kirigami framework from KDE Frameworks are applied, allowing you to create versatile interfaces, suitable for smartphones, tablets and PCs. The kwin_wayland composite server is used to display graphics. PulseAudio is used for sound processing.
KDE Plasma Mobile 21.07 Key New Features
In this new version a lot of fixes have been made and of them for example in Dialer in the interface to make callsIn addition, problems with international numbers stored in the address book without country prefix have been resolved.
Meanwhile in SpaceBar, the interface was improved, since now it is shown correctly from where the SMS are sent, as well as errors when sending an SMS are displayed and correct failure reports were provided during shipment. Added the display of the number from which the message was sent.
On the other hand, it is mentioned that redesigned the application interface to scan Qrca barcodes, In addition, the ability to select different cameras and provide the ability to transfer ticket barcodes to the KDE Itinerary application was added. In the Share dialog, the ability to pass URLs to services like Imgur has been implemented and a loading indicator has been added.
In the calendar planner interface de Calindori, this has been improved, in addition to a problem with waking the phone during the night meaninglessly (which obviously causes a battery drain) was fixed.
In the application to listen to podcasts of Kasts, many aspects of this have been significantly improved, since for exampleor added a Discover page to search for content on the podcastindex.org serviceSupport was also added to continue downloading incompletely received podcasts and the playback speed settings were modified. Added option to block automatic download of new episodes and podcast images when connected via mobile networks.
Of the other changes that stand out in this new released version:
- The indicators in KRecorder, KWeather and KClock are in the style of the rest of the components of the platform.
- Various issues were fixed in KWeather as well as fixes that allow you to select separate locations.
- In KClock, work was done to improve the reception of alarms when the phone is suspended and the style of the dialogue was also changed to appear more consistent with other native dialogues.
- KRecorder received the same theme fixes applied to KClock, so it now seems consistent across platforms as well.
- Work has been done to increase the performance of the top panel.
- Fixed suspend inhibition in GNOME and Phosh.
- Implementation for restoring episode playback position has been improved. There should be no more audible glitches when launching the app.
Finally, if you are interested in being able to know more about it about KDE Plasma Mobile you can consult the details In the following link.