In this sixth part "(KDEApps6) » from the series of articles on "KDE Community Apps", we will address the applications of multimedia field, which are very useful for managing files from images / photos, sounds / audios and videos.
In order to do so, continue exploring the wide and growing catalog of free and open applications developed by them. In such a way, to continue expanding the knowledge about them to all users in general of GNU / Linux, especially those who may not be using «KDE Plasma » Be «Desktop Environment» main or sole.
For those interested in exploring our previous 5 publications related to the topic, you can click on the following links, after finishing reading this publication:
Table of Contents
KDEApps6: Multimedia applications to work
Multimedia - KDE Applications (KDEApps6)
In this ambit Multimedia "KDE Community" has officially developed 15 applications of which we will mention and comment, textually and briefly, the first 10, and then we will mention the remaining 5:
Top 10 apps
- AudioTube: Application can search YouTube music, list albums and artists, play the generated playlists, albums and allows you to create your own playlist.
- Plasma Chamber: Camera application for Plasma Mobile. It allows different resolutions, different white balance modes, and switching between different camera devices.
- Dragon player: Media player focused on simplicity rather than features. It does one thing, and one thing only: play media files. Its simple interface is not designed to get in your way, but to help you play multimedia files easily.
- Elisa: Simple music player that should be easy to use. You don't need any configuration before you can use it.
- Juk: Audio jukebox application, which supports collections of MP3, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC files. It allows you to edit the tags of your audio files, and manage your collections and playlists. Its main task, in fact, is to manage the music.
- K3b: Application for managing CD recordings rich in functionalities and easy to use. It basically consists of three components: context-sensitive media projects, tools and actions.
- Coffee: Multimedia player that differs from the rest due to its excellent implementation of digital TV (DVB). Also, it has a friendly user interface.
- Kamoso: Simple and friendly program to use your webcam. Use it to capture images and make videos to share.
- Kdenlive: Non-linear video editor. It is based on the MLT infrastructure and accepts numerous audio and video formats, allowing you to add effects, transitions and process the final video in the desired format.
- Kid3: Sound tag editor, which can edit tags in MP3, Ogg / Vorbis, DSF, FLAC, Opus, MPC, APE, MP4 / AAC, MP2, Speex, TrueAudio, WavPack, WMA, WAV, AIFF and tracker files.
Other existing apps
Other apps developed in this multi-media scope by the "KDE Community" are:
- KMix: A sound mixer.
- KMPlayer: A media player.
- Kwave: A sound editor.
- PlasmaTube: A YouTube video viewer.
- Vvave: A sound player.
In short, we aspire that this sixth revision "(KDEApps6)" of the existing official applications of the "KDE Community", in which we address those of the multimedia field, has been interesting and useful for many. And serve to publicize and apply some of these apps about various GNU / Linux Distros. And this in turn, contributes to the use and massification of such robust and fabulous software toolkit how beautiful and hardworking Linuxera Community offers us all.
We hope that this publication will be very useful for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the improvement, growth and diffusion of the ecosystem of applications available for
«GNU/Linux». And do not stop sharing it with others, on your favorite websites, channels, groups or communities of social networks or messaging systems. Finally, visit our home page at «FromLinux» to explore more news, and join our official channel Telegram from DesdeLinux.