Browsing the Internet, we have discovered a GNU / Linux Distro more, which like many others is not yet registered, in the well-known and visited World ranking de Linux / BSD Distros called DistroWatch. And as from time to time, we publish about some in that same status, today we will talk about "iLinuxOS".
This interesting creation comes from a greek developer called George Dimitrakopoulos, who apparently started his independent development, from the year 2015 to the present day. since it has a stable version released this year 2022 , based on Debian 10, with the code name Galaxia.
And as usual, before entering fully into today's topic on this interesting and unknown GNU/Linux Distro call "iLinuxOS", and more specifically about its current version, whose code name is Galaxia, we will leave for those interested the following links to some previous related publications. In such a way that they can easily explore them, if necessary, after finishing reading this publication:
“MilagrOS GNU/Linux is an unofficial edition (Respin) of the Distro MX-Linux. Which comes with extreme customization and optimization, which makes it ideal for 64-bit, modern and mid/high-end computers. And it is also ideal for users with no or limited Internet potential, and little or moderate knowledge of GNU/Linux. Once obtained (downloaded) and installed, it can be used effectively and efficiently without the need for the Internet, since everything necessary and more is pre-installed". Respin MilagrOS: New version 3.0 – MX-NG-22.01 available
Table of Contents
iLinux OS: A GNU/Linux Distro based on Debian 10
What is iLinuxOS?
Exploring the Official website of this development GNU / Linux Distro called Linux OS can be synthesized as follows:
"It is a GNU/Linux Distro based on Debian 10 with the XFCE Desktop Environment, which integrates a small set of its own native applications, along with a complete and useful set of software applications. That seeks to offer a free and open Operating System that is light, functional and highly usable for different user profiles, who mainly have equipment with low hardware resources or are not so modern.".
Among its main features We can mention the following:
- It is free and free to download. Easy to install and use.
- It includes own software developments and more than 500 useful and well-known applications.
- It incorporates a function of Live autonomous emergency operating system, which in turn makes it highly portable and usable as a failure recovery system.
- It comes with high built-in support for managing AppImage, DEB, Flatpak, Snap, Steam applications (packages), as well as VirtualBox for running macOS and Windows software.
- It has its own user interface called iLinux Adaptive User Interface (iAUI). Which, seeks to be beautiful, colorful, homogeneous, consistent, ergonomic and functional.
- Its current stable version, iLinux OS 2 "Galaxia" 64 Bit AMD Intel, has good minimum installation requirements. And these are: A 64 Bit AMD/Intel computer (Intel Pentium 4, Intel Celeron, Intel Atom or AMD Processor), 64 GB of free disk storage space (Internal, External or USB) and 1,5 GB of memory RAM.
- Currently, the project has other versions under development with certain percentages of progress. Such as: iLinux OS 3 64 Bit AMD Intel (10%), iLinux OS 3 Raspberry Pi (75%), iLinux OS 3 IRP (90%), and iLinux OS 3 32 Bit AMD Intel (5%).
In summary, "iLinuxOS" is an interesting development GNU / Linux Distro based Debian 10 (Buster) that is worth trying and spreading. Since, according to its creator, it is ideal for computers with low hardware resources or more than 10 years. In addition, it includes an interesting set of original native tools and based on others, such as MX Linux. And, if they finish releasing their other versions in development, surely its ecosystem and community will continue to grow.
We hope that this publication is very useful for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre, Código Abierto y GNU/Linux». And don't forget to comment on it below, and share it with others on your favorite websites, channels, groups or communities of social networks or messaging systems. Finally, visit our home page at «FromLinux» to explore more news, and join our official channel Telegram from DesdeLinux, West group for more information on the subject.