Usually, in FromLinux and other similar blogs, we usually talk daily about new GNU/Linux Distros, or new versions of them. Also, from free and open applications and systems. Other times, of events or occurrences related to the field. And sometimes, we have come across the opportunity to talk about some web of communities or groups, which somehow revolve around the free and open world. However, this time we will address an incipient and interesting Social network call "LinuxClick Network".
So, next we will explore this Social network that seeks to be, for now, solely and exclusively for GNU / Linux users, or as others would say, to Linuxeros and Linuxnautas.
And as usual, before entering fully into today's topic about another interesting Social Network alternative, and more specifically about "LinuxClick Network", we will leave for those interested the following links to some previous related posts. In such a way that they can easily explore them, if necessary, after finishing reading this publication:
"HumHub is a free social networking software and framework created to give you the tools to make communication and collaboration easy and successful. It is lightweight, powerful, and comes with a user-friendly interface. Therefore, it allows you to create your own social network, social intranet or corporate social application that really adapts to existing needs. In addition, it is free and open source software, developed in PHP using the Yii Framework. And lastly, it supports themes and modules that extend the functionality for almost all requirements.". HumHub 1.7.1: New version of the Open Source Social Network SW
Table of Contents
Red LinuxClick: From Linuxeros for Linuxeros
What is Red LinuxClick?
According to official website of this Social NetworkCalled Linux NetworkClick, it is described as follows:
"Red LinuxClick, is a social network in which topics of technology, computing, linux, bsd, etc. are discussed. Our goal is to create a community (Social Network) to talk about the issues mentioned above, apart from that, we do not like the censorship that other networks do. The network is based on PHP in a script called WoWonder, in which the programmers made their own theme, and we have created our own LCC coin (LINUXCLICKCOINS)". About Network LinuxClick
Interesting tips about this Social Network
- It was created on the day, 30/01/2022, in beta mode. And then, officially and stable on the day, 01/02/2022.
- It has a mobile app in the Google Play Store, from where you can do everything, just like in a Web Browser.
- It has a visual interface very similar to Facebook, and basically many of its features or functionalities are the same.
- For now, it has some important limitations, such as: The upload restriction, especially files larger than 10 MB. Due to storage limitations, and its associated costs.
- It seeks to maintain itself through memberships acquired by some users, and advertising carried out by the same users who wish to do so. In such a way, to be able to pay the costs of hosting, traffic and growth. They also accept donations for this purpose.
view of the wall
If you want to know a little more about Linux NetworkClick and its creator, you can explore the following link or you can join the following Telegram Group, where he himself (Ángel José Romero) actively participates. And remember, it's barely Social network it is beginning to work, and therefore, it has limitations, and sometimes even crashes, that is, it can be put offline or very slow, depending on how many people can be united and active at a given moment.
Other alternatives: Free and open Social Networks
- Facebook and Twitter: Diaspora, Friendica, GNU Social, Hubzilla, Steemit, Mastodon, Movim, Nitter Pleroma, Okuna, Twister, and ZeroMe.
- Instagram and Snapchat: Pixelfed.
- Pinterest: Myyna and Pinry.
- YouTube: DTube, IPFSTube, LBRY, NodeTube, OpenTube and PeerTube.
In short, as we can see, "LinuxClick Network" is an interesting first known attempt at Social Network of Linuxeros for Linuxeros. We will see how this experiment manages to withstand the ups and downs of the technological world, especially those associated with Social Networks. Hopefully, your creator and community, achieve the necessary synergy to manage to sustain, prosper and make it grow, for the benefit of their Communities and of all the GNU / Linux users in general, whether they join or not.
We hope that this publication is very useful for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre, Código Abierto y GNU/Linux». And don't forget to comment on it below, and share it with others on your favorite websites, channels, groups or communities of social networks or messaging systems. Finally, visit our home page at «FromLinux» to explore more news, and join our official channel Telegram from DesdeLinux.