I handle and know a variety of open source software for business, but without fear of being wrong I consider that Odoo It is one of the most likely to adapt today, because its structure, its community and its ease of use, allows you to create functionalities for almost any business model or activity.
It is easy and fast to achieve adapt Odoo to almost any market Due to the large number of modules available, the ease of understanding the source code and the great documentation found to optimize an ERP that already by default provides us with a fairly robust base that allows it to be used in small, medium and large companies .
A very important part of most of today's business models is the managing your fleet (especially those businesses in charge of the commercialization of tangible products or the transfer of products), this simple process that in some cases requires advanced control is generally carried out in spreadsheets that at large scales ends up being a rather cumbersome alternative and with a high possibility of loss of information or lack of control. Thinking that this process can be more efficient, it is a priority in many organizations and that the correct fleet management allows in many cases increase profits or reduce costs, Odoo has implemented an advanced fleet management module, which is open source, free, and quite efficient.
Table of Contents
What is the Odoo Fleet Management System?
El Odoo Fleet Management System, is an advanced tool that allows you to manage all the characteristics of a company's vehicles, including the characteristics of the vehicle such as brand, color, number of seats, driver, license plate, fuel, among others. In the same way, it gives us the possibility of manage the information associated with vehicles such as contracts, costs, insurance, allowances, consumption, etc., all this from an intuitive interface, quickly and efficiently.
With the Odoo Fleet Management System we can have an updated monitoring that allows us to record the consumption and costs associated with a vehicle, which we will then be able to consult quickly and with reports segmented by dates or periods. Likewise, the tool gives us E-mail notifications associated with expiration of contracts linked to a vehicle, added to this, it gives us the possibility of properly analyzing the costs of all our fleet, which allows us to make a quick analysis of the decisions to be made on the sustainability and performance of our vehicles.
The Odoo Fleet Management System can be integrated into the other variety of modules available on this platform, so we can even associate fuel expenses with our employees' expenses or automatically record fleet movements in our accounting reports, all from a single tool and with automated processes.
Features of the Odoo Fleet Management System
Odoo's advanced Fleet Management System has a variety of features, among which we can highlight:
- Allows you to store detailed information about a vehicle such as make, model, license plate, chassis number, number of doors and seats, color, type of fuel used, among others.
- We can record the data of the drivers (name, driving license, ID, telephone, etc).
- It allows the labeling of vehicles so we can classify them according to the characteristics we want, for example, own vehicles, convertible vehicles, sedan vehicles, etc.
- A variety of master data to use the tool more efficiently, the main masters are: Vehicle Model, Vehicle Make, Vehicle Status, Type of Services, Vehicle Tags, Vehicles and Drivers.
- It allows you to manage any variety of contracts and leasing taking into account their execution and completion date, as well as the initial costs of the contract and those recurring costs, in the same way, it sends an email message when these contracts are about to expire.
- It has an advanced management of the vehicle's odometer that you can then associate with the fuel consumption record, which allows us to know the fuel consumption per kilometer that becomes an advanced management of expenses.
- It allows to keep a history and record of the maintenance associated with a vehicle, as well as the possibility of scheduling said maintenance after a set time, they are associated with the expenses of the organization.
- It has fast and advanced reports that allow us to have a clear idea of our vehicles and our fleet in general.
- Possibility of integration with real-time monitoring tools.
- Integrated with all Odoo modules.
- Many others more.
How to configure the Odoo Fleet Management System?
The Odoo Fleet Management System is between the native modules of Odoo Community and Enterprise, we just have to install the version that we like the most, go to the APP tab and activate the Fleet module, the module does not need any technical configuration as it automatically creates all the necessary configurations.
To start parameterizing the module, we simply have to activate the developer mode of our odoo, then go to the fleet menu and look for the Configuration session, in it we will find a series of master that we detail below:
- Vehicle brand: We can create any brand of vehicle and associate a representative image with it.
- Vehicle Model: We create vehicle models which we can associate with a Brand and also define the supplier that does not sell them.
- Vehicle Status: This master defines the states that a vehicle can have if it is active, inactive, for sale or damaged.
- Type of Services: We can register all the services or contracts that can be attributed to a vehicle, such as supplies that are used as spare parts, leasing or tire change services.
Vehicle Tags: This master gives us the possibility to classify or label our vehicles by various characteristics such as the type of vehicle (Sedan, Convertible), the type of status (bought, rented) or simply who can use a vehicle (employees, managers).Once the masters have been created, we simply have to register our vehicles to which we are going to associate the brand, model, license plate, driver, their properties, their value and acquisition date, among other characteristics.
Then we must record the contracts associated with a vehicle, the vehicle's odometer, fuel consumption, associated services and maintenance, which will automatically feed the history of vehicle costs, which will allow us to view our indicative cost and cost reports .
In this way, Odoo offers us a simple tool to use but that has a great impact on the management of our company's fleet, allowing us to have a record at all times of the status and expenses associated with our vehicles, which also guarantees that we are going to be able to be notified when we must carry out a new insurance or service contract, or that we must do preventive maintenance.