Continuing with the app reviews, both in the multimedia and online entertainment arena, as well as those that are migrating to the Free Code, we have Stremio.
Although Stremio, It is already an old application known to many, it is pleasant to see how it has evolved to become today a modern and functional Multimedia Center (Media Center), which provides a comprehensive solution for online multimedia entertainment, using tools plugins easy to install. And now from Free Code.
We recently wrote about the Popcorn Time streaming appas it launched a new beta version, 4.0, of its wonderful open source app. Regarding this, personally, I had already used it a couple of years before, and when I tried it again, it has continued to seem fabulous, although after a few days of use without news, unfortunately subtitles don't work for me, which is why I stopped using it.
And although, Stremio It is much like popcorn Time in its operation, actually, it currently looks more like Kodi which is a great free and open Multimedia Center, due to the use of excellent and practical plugins easy to install. Reason that makes it more like a robust Multimedia Center one simple multimedia app via streaming.
Table of Contents
Stremio: New Alpha Version Now Open Source
What is Stremio?
According to his Official website, this application is described as:
"Stremio is a modern media center, which is constituted as an integral solution for video entertainment. With it, you will discover, view and organize the content of the videos through easy-to-install plugins. Movies, TV shows, live TV or web channels, everything is within reach with Stremio".
Stremio has the following characteristics and functionalities:
- Allows you to easily search and discover new content: Thanks to its friendly navigation by categories, genres, classification, news, among others, or simply by searching for text pattern matches on its search bar.
- Facilitates the centralization of multimedia content: Through well-defined access to movies, series, anime, and other types of videos. In addition, it manages the receipt of notifications of new episodes and releases; and recommendations according to the user's viewing habits.
- Improve the organization of favorite content: Through a video library (video library) that can be easily added with a single click from all accessible content. And be ordered by date of inclusion or display, or by alphabetical order.
- Run a record of everything consumed or to be consumed: By means of a simple and practical calendar.
- It allows you to enjoy the content accessed from various media or computers: Thanks to its multiplatform capacity in various types of Devices and Operating Systems.
- Increasing and updated access to multimedia content: Through easy installation of official and community plugins.
Switch to Open Source
According to its developers, a new era for Stremio has started, with the release of its alpha version under the open source format, which can be accessed at GitHub. It presents a slightly redesigned user interface, with a new color palette and focused on improving usability. And also, it is the first to feature a full-featured user interface developed entirely with open source, for which, it is licensed under GPLv2.
For more information about this launch you can access the following official link.
Stremio you have installers for GNU / Linux in the following formats:
- .deb: For DEBIAN / Ubuntu Distributions and similar (stremio_4.4.106-1_amd64.deb)
- . Rpm: For Fedora Distributions and Similar (stremio-4.4.106-1.fc31.x86_64.rpm)
In short, as we can see Stremio it is excellent alternative to use in replacement of popcorn Time y Kodi. Personally, I am using it with satisfactory results so far.
We hope this "useful little post" about
«Stremio», a modern and functional Multimedia Center (Media Center), which provides a comprehensive solution for online multimedia entertainment, using tools plugins easy to install, and has now migrated to the
«Código Abierto»; be a lot interest and utility, For the whole
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the diffusion of the wonderful, gigantic and growing ecosystem of applications of
And for more information, always do not hesitate to visit any Online library and OpenLibra y jedit to read books (PDFs) on this topic or others knowledge areas. For now, if you liked this
«publicación», don't stop sharing it with others, in your Favorite websites, channels, groups, or communities of social networks, preferably free and open as Mastodon, or secure and private like Telegram.
Or simply visit our home page at FromLinux or join the official Channel Telegram from DesdeLinux to read and vote for this or other interesting publications on
«GNU/Linux» and other topics related to
«Informática y la Computación», and the