Continuing with our website review useful and interesting and of applications / platforms de communication and messaging, today we will focus on an open development called «Movim».
«Movim» is a Social Platform software de Open Source which is network based XMPP, which can also be used to communicate with other applications that use the same communication protocol.
For those who have not seen our previous related post on application / platform Open Source Social Network called "HumHub", we leave the link below so that after reading this publication you can explore it:
"HumHub is free and open source software, developed in PHP with the Yii Framework, which provides a light, powerful and easy-to-use toolkit that allows the creation and launch of your own social network. HumHub supports themes and modules that extend functionality for almost all requirements."
Table of Contents
What is Movim?
According to his Official website, «Movim» is
"A powerful web frontend for XMPP. Movim is a social and chat platform that acts as a frontend for the XMPP network. Once deployed Movim offers a complete social and chat experience for users of the decentralized XMPP network. Furthermore, it allows you to easily connect to multiple XMPP servers at the same time. And it has a simple configuration that makes it easy to restrict it to a single XMPP server, so that it acts as a powerful frontend for it. Movim is fully compatible with the most used XMPP servers, such as ejabberd or Prosody."
- It is multiplatform (Desktop and Mobile App) and it can also work online through a simple web browser, that is, it fully adapts to used devices, from a smartphone to a desktop computer.
- It allows you to manage and centralize everything you need (chats, files, links, videoconferences, news and publications) to keep in touch with others through a simple interface that really focuses on content.
- It achieves exchange (integration) with many other clients on all used devices, such as Conversations (Android) or Dino (Desktop), thanks to the fact that it is based on the XMPP standard.
- It facilitates group communications (communities), by allowing users to publish and subscribe to various nodes on different topics. In addition, it automatically embeds the links and images shared in the publications made.
- With a single click it allows to make the publications made by a user fully public, in the style of a Blog or Social Network Wall. In addition, it supports the Markdown syntax and allows to put rich text content in the publications made. And it automatically saves the content to be published as a draft while it is edited.
Download, Installation and Configuration
To know your requirements, dependencies and forms of installation according to each need, you can access the following link to start enjoying such wonderful open source development. While for more information on Movim on Debian GNU / Linux you can explore the following link.
For those interested in using other alternatives to Movim, you can explore our other related publications, such as:
We hope this "useful little post" about
«Movim», an interesting and useful Social Platform Software Open Source that is web-based XMPP and it can be used to communicate with other applications that use the same communication protocol; is of great interest and utility, for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the diffusion of the wonderful, gigantic and growing ecosystem of applications of
For now, if you liked this
publicación, Do not stop share it with others, on your favorite websites, channels, groups or communities of social networks or messaging systems, preferably free, open and / or more secure as Telegram, Signal, Mastodon or another of Fediverse, preferably. And remember to visit our home page at «FromLinux» to explore more news, as well as join our official channel of Telegram from DesdeLinux. While, for more information, you can visit any Online library Be OpenLibra y JedIT, to access and read digital books (PDFs) on this topic or others.