A few days ago, we received the good news from “Top Rated GNU / Linux Distro on DistroWatch" by the users who visit it. And this is none other than "MX Linux". Which has released the second beta of its next version, that is, "MX-21 Beta 2" to be tested, both by its regular users, and by all those interested in it.
En "MX-21 Beta 2" Among the many changes that we will see, there are ISOs available from 32 and 64 Bit with the XFCE and Plasma Desktop Environments, And the FluxBox Window Manager.
For those interested in reviewing what news the MX-21 Beta 1 ISO, we will immediately leave below, the link of our previous related post so that after finishing this publication they can easily access it:
"4 days ago (23/08/2021), the official website of the GNU / Linux Distribution known as "MX" gave us the welcome and long-awaited news about the availability of the first beta version of the following MX Linux Distro to break free, that is, the «MX-21». And it was all made possible by the brilliant team behind the development of "MX", giving us a first look at their new ISO based on "Debian 11 Bullseye", just a few days after the Debian GNU / Linux team released announced for this 14/08/2021 the release date of the same." MX-21: MX Linux beta 1 version available - Flor Silvestre / Wildflower
Table of Contents
MX-21 Beta 2: Now available for testing
News on MX-21 Beta 2
According to recent publication from the official website of MX Linux this is what comes in the new ISOs of "MX-21 Beta 2":
- Various new and updated apps.
- A new installer partition selection area: Which includes some lvm support if the lvm volume already exists.
- New UEFI Live Boot Menus: Which allow you to select the various live boot options (persistence, among others) from the boot menu and submenus instead of using the previous console menus.
- The XFCE 4.16 and Plasma 5.20 Desktop Environments, plus the Fluxbox 1.3.7 Windows manager with configurations in mx-fluxbox 3.0.
- User password (sudo) for administration tasks by default: Which can be changed in the following configuration option: MX-Tweak + Other tabs.
What changes did you make?
- An installer and live system updated to the latest versions.
- Some translation updates, but most are still in progress.
- Live menus now include special features like rollback options for remastering.
- Incorporation of mesa vulkan drivers to the set of packages by default.
- New "mx-comfort" theme included.
- Better support for some realtek wifi boards.
- Debian security repo enabled by default.
In addition, with regard to ISOs, the following can be mentioned:
- XFCE ISOs: XFCE packages have been updated to the latest bug fixes. The Thunar Samba share plugin has been added and the Docklike plugin updated.
- ISO KDE / Plasma: Fixed Dolphin File Manager crash issues when using "Save changes to desktop" during installation.
Finally, surely in a month or a little more we will be enjoying the definitive and stable version of "MX-21".
In short, the developers of "MX-21" continue working in the Ideal ISO may it be the worthy successor of the MX Linux release saga. Personally, it is the GNU / Linux Distro I have been using it for several years now, and that is why I highly recommend it, since it gives me a lot of value, utility and flexibility to work with.
We hope that this publication will be very useful for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the improvement, growth and diffusion of the ecosystem of applications available for
«GNU/Linux». And do not stop sharing it with others, on your favorite websites, channels, groups or communities of social networks or messaging systems. Finally, visit our home page at «FromLinux» to explore more news, and join our official channel Telegram from DesdeLinux.