Our post today is dedicated to a GNU / Linux Distro, which we usually mention regularly, since, among many things, it offers many excellent benefits (features, functionalities and benefits), already highlighted in previous publications. And this is none other than MX Linux.
Yes, the same that according to the known and visited World ranking de Linux / BSD Distros called DistroWatch, remained in the First, both during 2019, and so far in 2020.
For the less knowledgeable in what it represents DistroWatch or what is its importance or relevance, it is worth clarifying that it, citing your own website is:
"A website dedicated to discussing, reviewing, and updating information related to open source operating systems. This site is particularly focused on Linux distributions and flavors of BSD, although other open source operating systems are sometimes discussed. There is a lot of information on Linux distributions and this site tries to collect and present that information consistently to make it easier to locate.".
And regarding your Ranking of the most popular Linux / BSD Distros, it is worth highlighting the following:
"DistroWatch's page visitor ranking statistics are a lightweight way of measuring the popularity of Linux distributions and other free operating systems among visitors to this website. They do not correlate with use or quality and should not be used to measure the market share of distributions. They just show the number of times a distribution page on DistroWatch.com has been accessed each day, nothing more".
Table of Contents
MX Linux: AHigh stability and solid performance
What is MX Linux?
As we stated at the beginning, we have spoken on other occasions about MX Linux, so in this opportunity and only for those who may not know it, we will quote its description provided from its Official website, and then comment on their latest news.
MX Linux is
"MX Linux is a cooperative venture between the antiX and MX Linux communities. It is a family of operating systems that are designed to combine elegant and efficient desktops with high stability and robust performance. MX's graphical tools provide an easy way to accomplish a wide variety of tasks, while antiX's legacy snapshot and Live USB tools add impressive portability and remastering capabilities. There is extensive support available through videos, documentation and a very friendly forum".
In case, you want to read more about MX Linux, we recommend after finishing this publication to see the last 2 of our previous publications about it.
And to see MX Linux on DistroWatch you can click the following link.
According to MX Linux Official Blog, in the last quarter the most relevant about it has been the following:
- ISO MX 19.2 Base Edition Personal Respin released: An ISO that comes with all the benefits of MX but with minimal applications, that is, an ISO designed to contain all the benefits of the MX Linux system, without the desktop, productivity applications, games, among other integrated components, which they are usually at the usual (normal) ISO.
- Release of a new optional package for MX-Fluxbox: A new package called mxfb-goodies has been released to work on the WM FluxBox. It includes 4 new extra features under the following names: mxfb-tiles, mxfb-appearance, mxfb-Recent-files, mxfb-independent-backgrounds.
- Launch of ISO MX Workbench 2020: A custom ISO intended to be a kind of Swiss army knife-style tool for system administrators, as it contains a large number of useful programs that can be used to clone disks and partitions, recover files, scan for viruses and rootkits, evaluation hardware comparison, drive erasure, among many others.
- MX-Fluxbox 2.2 update release: A new update for the WM FluxBox integrated in MX Linux, which among other things, now has a new toolbar and launcher applications, and introduces substantial enhancements aimed at increasing pleasure and convenience for users of all skill levels.
- Release of ISO MX-19.2 KDE: An ISO submitted under a 64-bit version enabled under the MX Linux Advanced Hardware Support / AHS format that includes the KDE Plasma Desktop Environment.
As you can see MX Linux it is GNU / Linux Distro in constant development and growth, which has earned it well to earn the position that users have given it in DistroWatch.
We hope this "useful little post" about the Distro
«MX Linux»and its most recent news (announcements), which has long led the well-known web ranking called
«DistroWatch»; is of great interest and utility, for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the diffusion of the wonderful, gigantic and growing ecosystem of applications of
And for more information, always do not hesitate to visit any Online library and OpenLibra y jedit to read books (PDFs) on this topic or others knowledge areas. For now, if you liked this
«publicación», don't stop sharing it with others, in your Favorite websites, channels, groups, or communities of social networks, preferably free and open as Mastodon, or secure and private like Telegram.