Today Friday 30 2020 October, just one day from the end of this month, which has brought us as usual in the Blog FromLinux many news, tutorials, manuals, guides from the field of Free Software, Open Source and GNU / Linux, we will do a little review today with some outstanding posts.
East Monthly summary, as many of you already know, its purpose is to provide useful little grain of sand for all our readers, especially for those who did not manage to see, read and share them in a timely manner.
Therefore, we hope that this series of articles, on the good, the bad and the interesting, inside and outside the Blog DesdeLinux is very useful, for those who want to keep up to date on our publications, and the topics related to the Informatics and Computing, and the Technological News, since, sometimes many do not usually have the daily time to see and read all the current month's news that ends.
Table of Contents
October 2020 Summary
- Mozilla has released a new version of Thunderbird, the famous mail client that has reached your version 78.3.1. As we well know, Thunderbird is one of the best email clients, as well as being free and improving with each new release.
- The launch of the new version of the platform has just been presented Nextcloud Hub 20, version in which integration improvements with various platforms (Slack, MS Online Office Server, SharePoint, MS Teams, Jira, among others) are presented, in addition to some optimization improvements and more.
- Now, we have an interesting and particular new Linuxero event online called 24H24L, whose primary purpose is to inform and promote, in a sincere and entertaining way, about the performance of GNU / Linux in various fields.
- EnterpriseDB, a Massachusetts-based private company providing free and open source PostgreSQL database-based software and services, acquired 2ndQuadrant, a global Postgres tools and solutions company. Could this increase the risk to the community PostgreSQL?
- The engineers of Google made known through a publication that they have identified a severe vulnerability (CVE-2020-12351) in the pile of Bluetooth “BlueZ” which is used in Linux and Chrome OS distributions.
- The OpenPrinting project (supported by Linux Foundation), announced that its developers have started with a fork of the CUPS printing system, where the most active part in development is by Michael R Sweet, the original author of CUPS.
- NoGAFAM is a site that not only promotes Free Software, but also encourages others to become aware of the value of the data generated on the Internet, and the risk they run when using platforms, applications and services of many global Technology Giants, many of which are known as GAFAM.
- Wallabag is an application that we can install on a own or someone else's server, and that offers us a service similar to the aforementioned applications, in such a way that allows its administrator to manage the capture of the texts of the desired web pages, for later reading, in a personalized and refined way.
- When it comes to websites to read and know the news of certain Software (Operating Systems, Applications and Platforms) nothing better than Blogs, and when it comes to Free Software, Open Source and GNU / LinuxWell, even more. When it comes to doing comparative or search alternatives there are many more practical ones, such as those mentioned in this publication.
Other Recommended Posts of August 2020
- Streamlit Sharing a cloud service for sharing open source AI applications
- Pitivi: a non-linear video editor reaches its new version 2020.09
- Sequoia, a library that implements OpenPGP standards
- OpenShot: Available the new daily builds of the current version 2.5.1
- Tor Browser 10: A new version released with interesting improvements
- Material Shell: A modern desktop interface on top of GNOME Shell
October 2020 Distros Releases
- Ubuntu 20.10beta: 2020-10-02
- FreeBSD 12.2-RC1: 2020-10-04
- SparkyLinux 4.13: 2020-10-05
- OracleLinux 7.9: 2020-10-08
- GarudaLinux 201007: 2020-10-10
- FreeBSD 12.2-RC2: 2020-10-10
- Porteus Kiosk 5.1.0: 2020-10-12
- Parted Magic 2020_10_12: 2020-10-12
- Untangle NG Firewall 16.0.1: 2020-10-14
- Rescuezilla 2.0: 2020-10-15
- Redo Rescue 3.0.0: 2020-10-16
- NuTyX 12 Beta 4: 2020-10-16
- antiX 19.3: 2020-10-17
- FreeBSD 12.2-RC3: 2020-10-17
- Linux Kodachi 7.3: 2020-10-18
- OpenBSD 6.8: 2020-10-18
- Trisquel GNU / Linux 9.0: 2020-10-19
- Tails 4.12: 2020-10-20
- NetBSD 9.1: 2020-10-20
- SystemRescue 7.00: 2020-10-20
- Ubuntu 20.10, Ubuntu MATE 20.10 and Ubuntu STUDIO 20.10: 2020-10-22
- Ubuntu 20.10, Lubuntu 20.10 and Xubuntu 20.10: 2020-10-23
- Ubuntu Budgie y Ubuntu Kylin 20.10: 2020-10-23
- op! _OS 20.10: 2020-10-23
- RISC OS 5.28: 2020-10-24
- Fedora 33: 2020-10-27
- Nix OS 20.09: 2020-10-27
- FreeBSD 12.2: 2020-10-27
- GParted Live 1.1.0-6: 2020-10-28
As usual, we hope this "useful little summary" with the highlights inside and outside the blog
«DesdeLinux» for the month of
«octubre» 2020 year, is of great interest and utility, for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the diffusion of the wonderful, gigantic and growing ecosystem of applications of and for
And for more information, always do not hesitate to visit any Online library and OpenLibra y jedit to read books (PDF) on this topic or others knowledge areas. For now, if you liked this
«publicación», don't stop sharing it with others, in your Favorite websites, channels, groups, or communities of social networks, preferably free and open as Mastodon, or secure and private like Telegram.
Or simply visit our home page at FromLinux or join the official Channel Telegram from DesdeLinux to read and vote for this or other interesting publications on
«GNU/Linux» and other topics related to
«Informática y la Computación», and the