However, there is another very interesting option and it is Medit.
Medit It has many features and options:
- Configurable syntax highlighting.
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts.
- Cross-platform - works on Unix and Windows.
- Plugins: can be written in C, Python or Lua. Configurable tools available in the main and context menus. They can be written in Python or Lua, or it can be a shell script.
- Find / Replace regular expressions, frontendgrep, built-in file selector, etc.
To install in Debian we open a terminal and put:
$ sudo aptitude install medit.
To install in Arch:
# pacman -S medit