rescuezilla, previously known as "Redo Backup and Recovery", is a graphical application packaged in a bootable «.ISO» format.
Which makes it an extremely software tool easy to use for system rescue, since it offers functionalities that include full system backups, recovery of environments physical servers (Bare Metal), editing partitions, deleting files, browsing the web, among others.
In consecuense, rescuezilla can be started in any type of computer (PC or Mac) from a storage medium (USB or CD / DVD), to achieve your goal. It is comparable to open source alternatives, such as Clonezilla y SysRescueCD, but with the difference of a much easier and more pleasant usability and user experience than these, and comparable to that of commercial tools, such as Norton Ghost y Acronis True Image.
Table of Contents
General features and functionalities
rescuezilla is considered, a small operating system recovery solution well advanced, fast and very easy to use, even for ordinary computer users, thanks to the features and functionalities contained, such as:
- No installation needed: Just insert the storage media (USB or CD / DVD) that contains it, boot and restore the system in simple steps.
- Fast startup in seconds: Starts in about 30 seconds, and detects all hardware automatically, using minimal space (RAM) and resources (CPU).
- Beautiful and functional user interface: Supported under a complete Operating System (Ubuntu), which allows the use of other applications while the recovery activities are carried out.
- Multiplatform: It has the ability to work with Windows, Mac and Linux systems, so that any user can save and restore all the systems of their computers with the same tool.
- Network support: To achieve the detection and use of network drives to achieve copy and restore tasks without major problems or limitations.
- Access Disks: Provides easy access to file systems (folders and files) for manual saving if necessary.
- Lost data recovery: Its easy and intuitive file recovery tool, allows unlock and recover files marked as deleted to save them on another drive.
- Other: Easy Internet access, Disk drive factory reset, Disk drive configuration tools (partitioning), and multilingual support (multilingual) for the following languages: English, French, German and Spanish.
Changes in the new version 188.8.131.52 of Rescuezilla
Among many other changes in this stable version, the following can be highlighted:
- Added support for NVMe hard drives
- Correction of the error of "restore successfully but without knowing the partitions" of Redo Backup
- Fixed restoring backups created with various unofficial Redo Backup v1.0.4 updates
- Fixed "stuck in text message unless Safe Mode is used" problem.
- Added version field for SMB / CIFS network drives to connect to old network connections.
- Added unmount retry box to fix backup of removable partitions.
- Fixed "Safe Mode" in French, added Spanish / Spanish (ES-es) translation, and fixed other character translation problems for various languages.
We hope this "useful little post" about
«Rescuezilla» which is a wonderful tool considered
«La navaja suiza de recuperación de sistemas», which counts from March of 2020 with a new version (184.108.40.206) full of many good news, be it much interest and utility, For the whole
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the diffusion of the wonderful, gigantic and growing ecosystem of applications of
And for more information, always do not hesitate to visit any Online library Be OpenLibra y jedit to read books (PDFs) on this topic or others knowledge areas. For now, if you liked this
«publicación», don't stop sharing it with others, in your Favorite websites, channels, groups, or communities of social networks, preferably free and open as Mastodon, or secure and private like Telegram.
Or simply visit our home page at FromLinux or join the official Channel Telegram from DesdeLinux to read and vote for this or other interesting publications on
«GNU/Linux» and other topics related to
«Informática y la Computación», And the