The Blender Project has released the presentation of his a new animated short film, "Sprite Fright", a horror comedy film from the 80s Halloween themed. The project was led by Matthew Luhn, known for his work at Pixar Studios.
The film was created using only open source work tools for modeling, animation, rendering, compositing, motion tracking, and video editing.
The project served as a test base to refine new capabilities and technologies to create modern visual effects developed in the new Blеnder branches. This is the thirteenth animation project from the Blender community.
Open Movie movies and related resources (3D designs, textures, in-between sketches, sound effects, and music compositions) are released under the free Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license.
The license allows you to copy, distribute and create derivative works that can be used, even for commercial purposes, requiring in return only the indication of the author and the source. Access to training materials, source models, and resources through cloud.blender.org requires registration with a paid subscription service.
As for all open Blender movies, the entire production process and all its source files are shared on the Blender Cloud production platform.
The other Blender community movies above are:
- Jump: made in the fantasy genre and tells of the collision of the shepherd and her dog who confront ancient spirits in an effort to continue the cycle of lifestyles.
- Elephants Dream: a short story of two characters: a young boy named Emo and Proog, two people who share a surreal or fantastic world in which they are immersed and that varies as they shape their own thoughts. Proog, who understands what is happening, is fascinated by it and its mysteries, however Emo goes from ignorance to getting tired of what surrounds him.
- Big Buck Bunny:It shows the story of «Bunny» or «JC» a big rabbit, with a friendly style, who, when coming out of its burrow, watches as a beautiful butterfly is attacked, by Frank, Rinky and Gamera, but «Bunny» continues with his path; later he himself is attacked by these three ruffians, and watches how Frank kills the butterfly, and not only that but they mock with his corpse, but Frank, Rinky and Gamera, scare Bunny to scare him away.
- Syntel: Filmed in the fantasy genre, the plot combines a moving emotional component with intense action scenes associated with the confrontation between the heroine and the dragon
- Tears of Steel: a motion-tracking film with live actors and real views of the city of Amsterdam.
- Great Dilamma walkers: We will see the adventures that a Sympathetic Llama goes through to find food.
- Cosmos Laundromat: The short begins with a sheep named Franck trying to hang himself on a tree branch. However, the branch with which he tried to hang himself breaks. The camera zooms out as Franck yells in frustration to show that he is on a large island. Then, still tied to the broken branch, he walks to the edge of an island cliff. He tries to push the branch tied to his neck, but as he tries, a man named Victor walks towards Franck from behind. He says, "Excuse me," and then asks if "do you have a moment?" Franck responds with, "I'm in the middle of something," to which Victor replies, "I've come a long way for you Franck," and reveals his name. Victor tries to convince Franck not to kill himself and asks for a minute of his time
- Llamas Walkers: Koro meets Oti, a Magellanic penguin, in an epic battle over tasty red berries during the winter.
- Agent 327Operation Barbershop: Hendrik IJzerbroot, Agent 327, faces one of his most difficult missions when he decides to go to the salon to get a haircut. But something goes wrong
- Daily dweebs
Finally, if you are interested in being able to know more about it, you can consult the details in the following link.