Valve recently released the launch of the new update of its operating system «Steam OS 3.3» that comes with the Steam Deck game console. In this new version, a large number of bug fixes have been implemented, in addition to the relevant updates and more.
Steam OS 3 is based on Arch Linux, uses the Gamescope composite server based on the Wayland protocol to speed up game launches, comes with a read-only root file system, uses an atomic update mechanism, supports Flatpak packages, uses PipeWire media server and provides two interface modes (Steam shell and KDE Plasma desktop).
Main new features of Steam OS 3.3
In this new version of Steam OS 3.3 that is presented, it is highlighted that a settings to scale the UI by Steam Deck for external displays, in addition to the implementation of the updated versions of graphics stacks and wireless drivers, as well as utilities for working with game controller firmware.
Other changes that stand out in this new version is that compatibility with the Qanba Obsidian and Qanba Dragon joysticks in desktop mode was added, in addition to the addition of new achievement pages and Guides to the pop-up screen that is shown when press the Steam button while playing.
It is also highlighted in this new version of Steam OS 3.3 that a new interface has been added to select the update delivery channel. The channels offered are Stable (installing the latest stable versions of Steam Client and SteamOS), Beta (installing the latest beta version of Steam Client and the stable version of SteamOS), and Preview (installing the latest beta version of Steam Client and the latest version of SteamOS). beta version of SteamOS).
In addition to this, it is also noted that in desktop mode, Firefox shipped as a Flatpak package and so when you try to start Firefox for the first time, a dialog to install it through the Discover Software Center is displayed.
On the other hand, it is also highlighted that the on-screen keyboard has been optimized to simplify input via trackpads and touch screens and that network connection settings changed in desktop mode are now in sync with system-wide settings for availability in gaming mode.
Added a setting to automatically switch to nightly mode at a specific time, as well as a button to clear the content of the search bar and a warning if the console temperature is out of range has been implemented.
Of the other changes highlights of this new version of Steam OS 3.3:
- Added notification when Steam Deck temperature goes out of safe operating range
- Added a button to clear the entered text in the search bar
- Adaptive brightness change is now active again
- Fixed notification to claim digital rewards being triggered endlessly for some customers
- Fixed issue with medium length game names in the main menu overlay not scrolling properly
- Fixed some issues when claiming Steam Deck digital rewards
- Fixed sound playing for achievement progress notifications.
- Fixed washed out colors in the Remote Play client when playing with specific hosts
- Fixed Xbox login window for Flight Simulator and Halo Infinite not displaying certain characters correctly
- The switch to activate the adaptive brightness adjustment mode has been returned.
- Bug fixes have been made to improve performance.
- Added VGUI2 Classic theme.
- Fixed some performance issues for users with lots of screenshots.
- Fixed several crashes related to screenshot management.
- Fixed various crashes related to non-Steam shortcuts
Finally if you are interested in knowing more about it About this new version, you can check the details in the following link
Be the first to comment