A little over a month ago we explored the well-known Project Management Software (SGP) de Open Source called OpenProject and its new version 11.3.1 recently released. That is why today, we will address another similar called "TaskJuggler".
"TaskJuggler" is an Open Source SGP that goes by the stable version 3.7.1, which was released just over a year ago (14/03/2020). And that to this day, it is a excellent alternative for other acquaintances Free SGP, freemiums and open source, such as, OpenProject, GanttProject, ProjectLibre, LibrePlan, GNOME Planner, Rachota, Calligra Plan, Open Workbench, DotProject, and many others.
For those who haven't explored our previous post about OpenProjectAs usual, we will immediately leave the link below, so that after exploring this publication, they can do it easily:
"It is an open source Project Management Software, created to offer efficient management of classic, agile or hybrid projects in a secure environment. OpenProject offers a wide set of functionalities, such as: Multiple project management, teamwork (collaboration), and efficient communication throughout the life cycle of managed projects. In addition, it offers support for task management, bug tracking, requirements management, product planning, meeting management, time tracking and cost reporting, budget management, among many others. ." OpenProject: New version 11.3.1 of Project Management Software
Table of Contents
TaskJuggler: Project Management Beyond Drawing the Gantt Chart
What is TaskJuggler?
According to his Official website, "TaskJuggler" It is described as follows:
"TaskJuggler is a modern and powerful free software and open source project management tool. Its new approach to project planning and tracking is more flexible and superior to commonly used Gantt chart editing tools. In addition, it covers the entire spectrum of project management tasks, from the first idea to the completion of the project. It assists you with project scoping, resource allocation, cost and revenue planning, risk management, and communication."
TaskJuggler is free, open source (licensed under the GPL 2.0) and is written in Ruby. It comes natively in English language, but it is cross-platform and very easy to install and use in all Operating Systems most popular and well-known (Windows, MacOS and Linux). One thing that makes it stand out is that you don't need a Graphical User Interface (GUI). A command shell, a plain text editor, and a web browser is all it takes for anyone to work with it.
However, among his features and functionalities more prominent we can mention the following:
- Manage tasks, resources, and accounts for a project.
- Performs powerful task list management.
- It has an excellent, complete and detailed manual.
- Allows easy installation.
- It works on all Linux, Unix, Windows, MacOS Operating Systems, among others.
- It has full integration with the Vim text editor.
- Offers automatic resource leveling and task conflict resolution.
- It supports an unlimited number of scenarios from the same project for what-if analysis.
- Allows flexible work hours and permit management.
- It has support for shift work and multiple time zones.
- Offers comprehensive and flexible reports.
- It has powerful filtering functions.
- Includes time sheet and status reporting infrastructure.
- Allows project monitoring and status reports with dashboard support.
Web publishing and group work features
- It allows the generation of HTML Reports for publication on the web.
- Supports data export in CSV and iCalendar format.
- Includes an integrated web server for dynamic and interactive reports.
- It has a server-based timesheet system for reporting on status and actual work.
Download, installation, use
For its implementation, it can be installed directly in almost all GNU / Linux Distros, by Package manager native by terminal (console) or download and install from your official download section. And easily configure by running the official procedure described in the following link.
For, more information You can visit the following official links:
We hope this "useful little post" about the acquaintance Project Management Software (SGP) de Open Source called
«TaskJuggler» and its latest stable version available number «3.7.1» released just over a year ago; is of great interest and utility, for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the diffusion of the wonderful, gigantic and growing ecosystem of applications of
For now, if you liked this
publicación, Do not stop share it with others, on your favorite websites, channels, groups or communities of social networks or messaging systems, preferably free, open and / or more secure as Telegram, Signal, Mastodon or another of Fediverse, preferably.
And remember to visit our home page at «FromLinux» to explore more news, as well as join our official channel of Telegram from DesdeLinux. While, for more information, you can visit any Online library as OpenLibra y JedIT, to access and read digital books (PDFs) on this topic or others.