For us lovers of Free Software, Open Source and GNU / Linux, it is clear that when it comes to using Telegram (TG) or WhatsApp (WA)We prefer the first before the second, to communicate with other like-minded colleagues, and share or spread our passion for this area of knowledge with others.
But exactly Why is Telegram the preferred messaging app for Linuxeros?
Before going fully into the reasons or motives, and not making this publication so extensive, we invite you to explore our previous publications on Telegram, which many consider as superior to WhatsApp, regardless of whether they are Linuxeros or not.
Since, currently Telegram its enormous flexibility y growing features and innovations, is being increasingly used in sectors such as marketing of products, goods and services, traditional and non-traditional (digital).
"Telegram is uA speed and security focused messaging app is super fast, simple and free. You can use Telegram on all your devices at the same time. Your messages are perfectly synchronized through any of your phones, tablets or PC". What is Telegram?
Table of Contents
Telegram: The Linuxeros' preferred messaging app
I personally use Telegram for almost everything, since, like many who already use it, I consider that Telegram meets all the minimum necessary and more, to basically use it as messaging application only. However, we already know that the point of honor here to achieve this objective is that our family, friends, fellow students or work, clients or potential clients, migraine Also to Telegram.
With regard to this point of the number of platform users, many of us have seen in the news about Telegram, that the same is in constant growth of its users. And many including myself, we have been able to see how our contacts, Linuxeros or not, join the platform every time there is massive drops in service worldwide or it comes to light publishes a new alert about a vulnerability, failure or malpractice security, privacy or other nature.
Linuxe reasons to prefer Telegram
Briefly and in order of importance, from my point of view as linuxero, I think these are the most common and general reasons why we prefer Telegram to replace WhatsApp:
- It has a free and open multiplatform client, which consumes less computing resources (RAM / CPU) and less battery, on the equipment and devices where it is installed and executed.
- It offers greater guarantees and technological functionalities of security, privacy and anonymity.
- The existence of Groups, Supergroups and Channels that makes it easier for us to work in community and keep ourselves easily informed.
- The availability of the Telegraph tool, to create articles (long / long messages) and facilitate their sending and viewing (quick view) through a chat or channel.
- The huge offer of bots full of functions and capabilities to carry out tasks, both informative, moderation of groups and users, or support (text translation, speech-to-text conversion, information management, among others).
- The great capacity of its survey system, which can be used for everything, from deciding what Distro, Desktop Environment, Window Manager, or other Linuxero item, to giving an opinion or organizing ourselves, using the range of possibilities of its current three types of surveys.
- The existing wide variety of Groups, Supergroups and Channels well organized by Thematic Linuxeras, many of which come from famous or recognized websites, such as Blogs, as well as our official channel of Telegram from DesdeLinux.
Sure, we will surely have more reasons, such as the use or not of the stickers (static and animated), your photo editor, video player, embedded web browser, among others, but I think these 7 Reasons mentioned above are the most important to prefer to be Linuxeros on Telegram, before in WhatsApp.
Remember, whenever you want to know more about Telegram and in Spanish, you can directly consult the official question section in Spanish, who owns your website. And in English, you can periodically check your Blog to have more news up to date or your evolution section to stay up to date on its development.
We hope this "useful little post" about the reasons for
«¿Por qúe Telegram es la Aplicación de Mensajería preferida de los Linuxeros», on the traditional, commercial and widely used application of WhatsApp, is of great interest and utility, for the entire
«Comunidad de Software Libre y Código Abierto» and of great contribution to the diffusion of the wonderful, gigantic and growing ecosystem of applications of
And for more information, always do not hesitate to visit any Online library and OpenLibra y jedit to read books (PDFs) on this topic or others knowledge areas. For now, if you liked this
«publicación», don't stop sharing it with others, in your Favorite websites, channels, groups, or communities of social networks, preferably free and open as Mastodon, or secure and private like TG.
Or simply visit our home page at FromLinux or join the official Channel Telegram from DesdeLinux to read and vote for this or other interesting publications on
«GNU/Linux» and other topics related to
«Informática y la Computación», and the