The Informatic science University (ICU) en Cuba and the Center for Data Management Technologies (DATEC), we find Follow, for an integrated system for statistical management. This system is developed to improve the functionality of the statistical processes that occur in any entity or institution, and that can be adaptable to businesses with similar design methodologies.
It was born under the development of DATEC, in order not only to reach Cuban society, implementing a system to public entities or companies for the management and administration of data and statistics, but also, to avoid in 2014 the General Prosecutor of the Republic, he Supreme People's Court and ONEI in Cuba, acquiring a system of this type that was not free. In turn, as it is implemented in these entities, it is personalized for their use, so it is already formally integrated for the data management in these institutions. Further, Follow It has been deployed in provincial and municipal prosecutor's offices in Cuba, as a system for data management for statistical purposes, thanks to the customization of the system and the use of it in the Attorney General's Office. The social impact for this is quite significant, since today Follow it has expanded into different municipalities in the region.
It has a modular structure to manage your processes. These modules are:
- Configuration: In this module the business rules and metadata involved in data entry are established.
- Template Generator: After configuration, this module establishes the visual interface for data entry into the system.
- Data Entry: Allows the entry or capture of data to the system. The captured data can be viewed in a Dynamic Report Generator (GDR).
- Tools: Additional functionalities for the design and data management.
- Administration: Allows the configuration of global system parameters.
- Security: Set security options, such as data, account and access encryption.
Today Follow has been awarded the following awards:
- Prize of the Forum of Science and Technology. La Lisa Municipality. 2014.
- Rector Award, in the Applied Results category with the greatest contribution to social development. 2014.
He is also nominated for the award LatinaTEC de FELTi 2015 and was nominated for the Free Software Awards, in the category Essential for Business. Sharing nomination with:
- Apache cassandra
Follow It is not the first contribution made by the UCI for the use of technologies in free software. Although, this goes beyond a simple project. The idea is, when trying to expand this type of computer tools, provide the Cuban community with access to optimal and efficient systems, whatever the purpose, that do not represent a monetary expense, and that in turn promote the use and knowledge of new technologies, which are not only exclusive to those who have knowledge of computing, but also for any individual who has the need to use it. Everything depends on giving the user ease and comfort, as well as knowledge about what free software is.
To install Follow the installation script found inside the package must be run. This is responsible for running the application without having to configure something about it. The indications are detailed below:
1. Go to the installer folder, example:
2. Run the install_sigelite.sh script in root mode
sudo sh install_sigelite.sh The script will automatically run all the relevant tasks to install the application.
3. Run a web browser, preferably firefox version 6.X onwards. Enter the following URL in the address bar: http: // localhost
4. To start or stop the execution process, you can do it as follows: start: