SpiceBird It is a project of a company called Synovel, which takes the code from Thunderbird y lightning, along with other extensions, and provides an application that brings together a Mail Client, Calendar, Contacts managerand Task manager and more ... 😀
What does this application give us?
The full list of features (planned or already implemented in the testing phase), taken from the website of SpiceBird, is
- POP3, IMAP and SMTP protocols.
- RSS feeds integrated into your inbox and NNTP newsgroups.
- Signing and encryption of messages based on web standards.
- Unicode implementation.
- Searches, detection of spam and fraudulent messages, and custom filters.
- Ability to install themes and plugins.
- Labeling of messages.
- Multiple identities.
- Jabber Protocol (XMPP).
- Conversations between two users and group conferences.
- Reusable XMPP for custom collaboration applications (such as creating a multi-member presentation over the network).
- Group calendar.
- Share your calendar with your friends.
- Subscribe to web calendars using iCal.
- Integrated time zone viewer.
- Tasks and events.
- It supports iCal, but uses a custom protocol for interaction with the server.
- Publish on your blogs, directly from the client.
- Subscribe to blogs using RSS feeds.
- Knowledge management using a collaborative web portal.
- Corporate website for group work with controlled access (external / internal)
- Calendar server
- Open source servers for Jabber, SMTP and IMAP / POP3
- Easy-to-use web-based configuration tool
- Portal (Content Management System) based on open source.
- Wiki and Blog services.
- Secure: The solution is based on open source components, which are reviewed by millions of people around the world.
- Scalable - Server components can be clustered on different machines.
- Conforming to standards.
- It can be easily integrated with other applications.
I didn't really try all the features that this application includes, but at least the ones that come by default, that is, at first glance, they work very well. The image you see at the beginning of the article is version 0.8 and we can download it from the Official website.